Saturday, January 20, 2007

01/20 Dinner : Crab Cakes


~Crab Cakes
~Sauted Spinach
~Sweet Potato Spears

Sweet Potato Spears
Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Toss sweet potato spears with extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper to coat, bake for 20 minutes, turn potatoes and continue to bake for 10 minutes or until desired doneness.

Sauted Spinach
Heat oil and garlic over medium high heat. Saute spinach with a some fresh cracked pepper, 3-5 minutes.

Crab Cakes
Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil with 2 tbsp of unsalted butter over med-high heat. Gently slide crab cakes into pan. Cook 1-2 min per side til golden brown.

Plate. I decided to top the crab cake with a bit of japanese mayonaise.

1 Comments:

Blogger Joanna said...

Hey Rob, I was just browsing your blog. Your little daughter is adorable and I love her name. Maya was always a name my husband and I had on our list, but we ended up going with Ella. I enjoy your updates on her..especially her trips (the picture of her in the car seat on the plane is priceless). Hope she is not still sick. That is tough on all. Her Xmas pic with the puppies is great too. I look forward to seeing more of your food posts as well. It all looks so good and gives me ideas for dinner! Take care -

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home