Thursday, January 11, 2007

01/10 Dinner : Bulgogi Don


When shopping at Trader Joe's the other weekend I came across Bool Kogi, Korean marinated boneless beef ribs. Always on the look out for a "Quick and Easy" weekday meal, and just to add something new to the mix, we decided to give it a try.

Normally Bulgogi is meant to be grilled. Trekking up to the roof of my building, where the communal gas grill is located, seemed neither "Quick" nor "Easy". So, inspired by the concept of the Gyu-don, Japanese beef bowl, over rice, I decided to slice up the Bulgogi and saute with thin sliced onions and broccoli florets over moderately high heat.

The Bulgogi was surpisingly flavorful. Not as good as Bulgogi from Zion, but for Trader Joe's, this is a keeper. Can't till it warms up so I can try this grilled. So much for my low fat, low carb diet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home