Monday, December 12, 2005

Wahoo's The Sequel


Wahoo's Sandwich ($4.99). I ordered this with pot braised pork. The "Torta" came topped with shredded lettuce, shredded cheese and a refreshing guacamole. The side of green sauce was spicier than usual. I found the sandwich to be a little on the bland side. I guess I was expecting the same teriyaki like sauce they use in the pork burrito. Still the sandwich was light and not greasy like most "Tortas".


I also ordered a side of Maui Onion Rings ($2.49). These where wonderful. Crispy batter fried just right, nice sweetness to the Maui Onion. The Maui Onion tasted better than Valdalia Onion. I dipped the hot onion rings into cool ketchup and ranch dressing. Mmmm. Very nice contrast of flavors and textures.


The owners were there, putting up christmas decorations and also helped out behind the counter. We talked a bit about our Honda Elements. Very cool people. Its nice to know that they actually appreciated our business.

Wahoo's Point Loma

3944 West Point Loma Blvd
San Diego, CA 92110
(619)222-0020

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Rob - If those onions rings were really Maui Onion, I might have to try them out myself! Maui onion is so sweet that I can eat them raw with a bit of Hawaiian salt(just don't stand down wind of me afterwards). I think I'll stop by the next time I hit Gaglione Bros.

11:00 AM  
Blogger robwonton said...

For mass produced onion rings, the patch I got were really good and sweet.

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home