Saturday, December 10, 2005

Mario's De La Mesa Restaurant


Mario's is a family owned and operated mexican restuarant, located at the end of downtown La Mesa. Mario's was first recommended to me by my desiner friend JoeyS. He would rave about their service and food, but most of all, the Carne Asada.


Pan ordered Mario's Tostada Ensalada ($7.95) with Carne Asada. A crispy flour tortilla base, topped with lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, sour cream, guacamole and beans, topped with a sprinkle of parmesan.

This was a pretty tastey dish for what it was. The Carne Asada was perfectly marinated. Pan was like a mad scientist, mixing a different combinations with every forkful. Even though there was no standout ingredient besides the Carne Asada, everything tasted fresh and this was a good dish as a whole. We would definitely order this again.


I ordered my favorite, Mario's Carne Asada ($10.95). Specially marinated, tenderloins of beef, grilled and topped with sauted onions and bell peppers, served with guacamole, rice, beans and a choice of flour or corn tortillas.

I like the fact that the Carne Asada comes whole. I requested it to be grilled Medimum Rare and the onions and peppers cooked through. I knew since the beef is thin, that this would be difficult. I am normally not this picky, but through trial and error, this is how I best enjoy the Carne Asada here at Mario's.

The Carne Asada was cooked as ordered. Although, cooked well-done near the edges, it was Medium Rare as you got to the middle. The Carne Asada was mouthwatering delicious! The beef was tender, almost buttery and the marinade was not over powering. I was in nirvana with every bite.

I looked up from my now empty plate, dazed and ready for a nap. Like when the San Diego sunshine hits you; you can not help but smile. There is nothing like a good meal with attentive service at a reasonable price.

Mario's De La Mesa Restaurant
8425 La Mesa Blvd
La Mesa, CA 91941
Tel: 619-461-9390

Lunch: Mon-Sat 9am-4pm
Dinner: Tues-Sat 4pm-9pm
Sunday Brunch: 9am-3pm

Pan Says: Carne Asada so good I want to cry. This is like crack for pregnant japanese women.

Baby Say: Hey Momma San, we got more room in here, how bout another hit of Carne Asada?

1 Comments:

Blogger niki said...

You are killing me with those pictures!

8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home