Thursday, December 08, 2005

Trader Joe's : Winterfest

I like the fact that at Trader Joe's, you can buy "singles". Nothing worse than being stuck with a six pack of subpar beer.

On a whim, I decided to try out Trader Joe's Winterfest (7.5% ALC). This is a Doppelbock brewed by Gordon Biersch Brewing Company exclusively for Trader Joe's.


There is a coffee with light molasses start, that morphs to a carmel malt finish with a hint of bitterness at the end. The more I sipped, the more surgary it tasted. Not a bad beer for the price ($4.99 flyer special). I dont think I could drink more than two a sitting, just a little to sweet for my preference.

Uhm...excuse me, I need to go brush my teeth now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Farmgirl Susan said...

I LOVE Trader Joe's. Used to shop there 17 years ago in CA. Waited 10 LONG years for them to find Missouri after I moved here in 1994. Now I only have to drive 200 miles to get to them, LOL. But it's worth it! : )

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home