Monday, December 05, 2005

Flemings : Steak...Its Whats For Dinner


On Sunday, Pan got a craving for Steak. We decided to go to Flemings on 4th and K. We had been here once before, when they first opened. I recalled that the food was pretty good, but like all the "Prime Steak Houses" downtown, a little pricey.

We noticed from reading the menu outside that Flemings had a Prime Rib Dinner only available on Sundays. 12 oz "Prime" Prime Rib served with a trio of sauces. Includes choice of salad, one side dish and dessert ($24.95).


We both stared with the Classic Caesar Salad ($7.50). There was a nice combination from the dressing , shaved parmesan and fresh cracked pepper. The taste was the closest to a authenic Caesar I have had in many years. The only thing missing was the anchovies for that extra dimension.(sigh)


We both order the "Prime" Prime Rib. Mmm...cooked perfectly. Came topped with Au Jou and served with a Creamy Horseradish Sauce and a Dijon Mustard Sauce. Both sauces were OK, I went "Old School", Fresh Horseradish and a side of Au Jou.

Creamed Corn($6.95) and Asparagus with Hollandaise ($7.50) were our side dishes. The Creamed Corn had parmesan and gruyere cheeses with a little jalapeno that gave it a light spicy kick. The Asparagus was cooked perfectly and topped with a buttery hollandaise sauce.


For dessert I ordered the Key Lime Pie ($7.50) and Pan ordered the Mixed Berry Cobbler ($6.95). The Key Lime Pie was wonderful. The tartness from the mojito lime was complimented with the fresh whipping cream. Pan's Mixed Berry Cobbler was served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Mmmm...My brain said stop, but I could not. I was in pain, yet happy with every bite.

I looked up from my empty dessert plate, dazed, belly about to burst. At least one person at every table had ordered the "Prime" Prime Rib dinner. Even in pain, I wished I was hungry so I could do it all over again.

Flemings
380 K Street at 4th Avenue
San Diego, CA 92101
Tel: 619-237- 1155

Pan Says: (Chew)Sooo Full. (Chew)All your fault. (Chew)Sooo Full...you gonna finish the rest of that?
Baby Says:Flemings make baby food? Me want.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home