Thursday, December 01, 2005

Death by Biscuit

One of the things I miss most about the South is Country Food. One of the most simple Breakfast dishes is Biscuits and Sawmill Gravy. They cant seem to get it right out here.


The first place we went to when we arrived in Atlanta was good 'ole Cracker Barrel. I have been to Cracker Barrels all across the US, the food is just better at the ones in the South. Biscuits and gravy, thick slice bacon and their famous hashbrown casserole.




Just about every morning in Georgia, someone brought over a bag of chicken biscuits. Man, it never got old. Chick-fil-a chicken biscuits with their brined fried chicken or Bojangle's spicy chicken biscuits. This was the stuff I grew up on. One of those things I took for granted.

Back in San Diego, eatting my toasted multi-grain bagel no butter, low fat blueberry yogurt and gourmet coffee, I can only wait till next Thanksgiving holiday for my next bag of chicken biscuits.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Rob - I spent almost a year in Atlanta, and worked with a Guy who would eat ay Chick Fil-A almost everyday, though I never developed a taste for their stuff - your post brought back nice memories - including those of DeKalb International Farmers Market.

10:57 AM  
Blogger robwonton said...

LOL. My cousin Eee, in Arizona says he eats at Chick-fil-a 5 times a week. He is a Atlanta transplant.

11:34 AM  
Blogger The Middle Child said...

I miss all that stuff too! I moved up to NY 8 years ago from Texas. I really miss Sonic Drive Inn, but I can run on down to KY for that!!!

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home