Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Thanksgiving Trip 2005 - Part 2

On our first night back in Dalton, Debs with help from Becky put together a wonderful Low Country Boil. Full of Shrimp, Crawfish, New Potatoes, Corn, Onions and Sausage. Just the right amount of spice. Hard to believe that this was Debs first attempt. After three helpings and a few beers, Pan and I had to take a walk. I figured this was a good practice run for the big day tomorrow.


This Thanksgiving was amazingly stress free. Everything worked out and was finished on time. My Aunt Helen, made a wonderful Salad, Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Giblet Gravy & Sweet Potatoes with Marshmellows. My Dad made Roast Prime Rib and Baked Ham. My cousin Richard fried two Turkeys rubbed with peanut butter. Pan made the Asapagus and helped me and Aunt Helen with some prep work. I made Corn Bread Stuffing, Focaccia Bread Stuffing and Turkey Gravy. My cousin Eee brought a three layer Chocolate Cake topped with shaved White Chocolate and a Carrot Cake. Cindy brought Corn Bread cooked in a cast-iron skillet and Black-eye peas. Mike and Becky made a wonderful Apple Crisps. Wooooo...did I leave anything out?


It ended up to be a amazing Thanksgiving Feast. Thanks to everyone who pitched in this year. Even Wah and Si, who usually give no help and heckle everyone like the two old guys up in the balcony in the Muppets Shows, were quite and stuffing their faces.

Thanks to Yoshimi and Lee for letting us crash at their places. Thanks to Cranson and deVoest for making the time. Sorry to those friends and family we did not get to see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home