Sunday, November 06, 2005

Alpine Beer Company : 11-05-05


Captain Stout: Chocolate Oatmeal Dry Stout(6% alc)
"Smooth as Silk" was the description on the overhead menu. Man, was this good. Move over Samuel Smith, I got me a new favorite oatmeal stout. Taste is well rounded with a smooth chocolate front, not over powering, not too sweet...like most all the Alpine beers...perfect balance of flavors. I closed my eyes on the second sip. I could hear the theme song to Shaft and a Barry White-like voice in my head saying, "so...SMOOTH, so...GOOD".


I next tried the Alpine Ale: An Extra Pale Ale(5.5% alc)
This was also very nice. Like Serria Nevada Pale Ale without the lingering bitter after taste. Tangy hops and Carmel malt + balanced flavors = happy beer drinking asian.


Learning from my last visit, I purchased an additional Growler($5). My take home this trip was a Growler fill of Captain Stout($7.19) and Pure Hoppiness($7.19), 22oz bottles of Alpine Ale($2.99), Pure Hoppiness($3.30) and the Mandarin Nectar($2.99).

Alpine Beer Company
2351 Alpine Blvd
Alpine, CA 91901
619-445-2337
Tues-Saturday 12pm-6pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home