Saturday, November 05, 2005

Me Pho Hungry


Pho Convoy was the very first place Pan and I dined at when we arrived in San Diego 2 1/2 years ago. Like most all Pho noodle houses, Pho Convoy "is what it is"...A place where you can get a good, hot, affordable meal, with fast service. You sit, water is brought, you order, boom...food arrives in minutes.


Pan ordered the Seafood Egg Noodle Soup ($5.25). This had shrimp, fish ball, sliced fish cake, crab claw, fried onions, a generous portion of noodles, in hot broth, topped with thin sliced scallions. She orders this dish every other time we dine here, it never disappoints and tonight is no different.


I decided to try something different. I ordered the Pan Fried Shimp with Assorted Vegetables and Rice Noodles ($6.95). This was a pretty good dish. The bottom layer was rice noodles (the kind used in Chow Fun and Lad Na), then came a thin layer of bean sprouts, topped with the shrimp, mix vegetables and gravy. This was a nice combination of textures and flavors. The vegetables were stir-fried perfectly(crisp and still had a snap to them). The gravy had a nice flavor. I think this dish is very similar to the Thai noodle dish Lad Na. I did wish that the gravy would have been a little thicker in consistency. I may even substitute their BBQ pork for the shrimp next time. This is a dish I recommend trying.

Pho Convoy Restaurant
4647 Convoy Street 101B
san Diego, CA 92111
Tel:858-277-0133
Fax:858-636-7880

Pan Says: It was OK...maybe it was GOOD and I thought it was OK.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home