Thursday, March 13, 2008

Denver 08 : Day 4

Day four started on a sour note. Maya got sick in the middle of breakfast. Actually , Maya got sick on me. Needless to say we cleaned up our mess, Eee tipped the server very well and we high tailed it back to the hotel.

I decided to stay at the hotel with Maya. Rest with saltines and ginger ale. Really just tried to keep her hydrated. Other than the puking at breakfast, she seemed fine. We think the attitude was starting to affect her.

After spending day holed up at the hotel, we decided to make our way to the Pepsi Center. Pan wanted to get there early in hopes of seeing the warm up and interviews.

We decided to get a bite to eat at the Wazee Supper Club. I ordered a much needed pint of 1554 and we ordered the "Award Winning" pizza. Why is it that every "Award Winning" Pizza in Denver is usually Wheat dough pizza? The pizza was OK, average at best. I think it was more of a drinking place. [burp!]


The Pepsi Center was a short walk from the Wazee Supper Club.


Pan was like a kid in a candy store. Right off the bat, Eee got her a program. Yes, Iverson was on the cover.


Next stop, Iverson jerseys for Pan and Maya. You gotta show the love. Me, I had my vintage Boston shirt on.


We were spitting distance to the visiting team. Pan done good with the tickets.


Walking by the long line I could not resist getting some fresh fried mini donuts. Mmmm...Donuts. Does anyone else miss Krispy Kreme? Man I can got for a "Hot One" right now. [tear]


KG was taller than I expected.


AI was shorter than I expected.


It was a exciting game leading to half time. Lotsa scoring, back and forth. Four minutes left to half time...Yakkkkkkk!!!! Luckily I had the empty donut tray, which caught most of it. My lap caught the rest. Felt like I peed myself.

Anycase, working our way through half time traffice, Maya and I made it out the Pepsi Center and back to the hotel for bath for Maya and another change of clothes for me.


I hear the rest of the game was pretty good.


Denver pulled away in the end. KG sat most of the game, it was his first game back from injury. He looked rusty but still played with lots of energy. AI was awesome according to his number one Japanese fan.

By the time Pan got back, Maya was asleep and I headed down to the bar for a much deserved pint of 1554.


This the loot Pan got at the Pepsi Center (plus Maya's jersey).

Wow, what a day. What a way to end our Denver trip. The night ended with Pan and Eee planning trips around basketball games next year...Phoenix, Seattle, Oakland and Portland to name a few. Doesn't matter to me, I just hope they choose some place with lower attitude.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry that Maya was sick- but it is too bad she didn't get sick all over EEE-- he deserved it!-B-

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home