Tuesday, April 10, 2007

04/10 Dinner : Lemon Soy Flounder with Capers


Tonights dinner was Lemon Soy Flounder with Capers and Roasted Asparagus Tips on top of Bow Tie Pasta. The recipe for the Lemon Soy Flounder is here. I added a handful of capers before going in the oven. The Asparagus was roasted in extra virgin olive oil with a bit of salt and pepper. Place flounder over the cooked pasta. Spoon sauce over flounder. Sprinkle with asparagus tips. Top with lemon zest and fresh cracked pepper (optional).

2 Comments:

Blogger Nooyawka said...

Your recipe and picture are soooooo good, you will drive me to an early dinner!

Here are some comments which are absolutely unnecessary, but I can't help myself:

1) you use soy sauce, which is fine and I've used it myself often. You could also substitute balsamic vinegar, either right out of the bottle or after being reduced over heat in a sauce pan.

2) what happened to the asparagus stalks? I shave the outer layer off the stalks with a potato peeler, and include the tips in the dish.

3) I'm sure you know you can substitute all kinds of noodles, pasta, rice or potatoes for the bow ties.

Gotta go eat!

10:34 PM  
Blogger Jason said...

Nice spread!

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home