Saturday, March 18, 2006

Corned Beef, Its Whats For St. Pats

Two things I gotta have on St. Patricks Day, Corned Beef and Guinness. Corned Beef is a Irish American dish which is not really eaten in Ireland. Kinda like all those rolls at the sushi restaurant. Even so, this is something I like to make for St. Pats, plus it means I get to make Corned Beef Hash the next morning.


2 lbs Corned Beef
2 Tbsp Pickling Spice
1 Guinness

1.Place rinsed corned beef in pot. Add Guinness, Pickling Spice, and water to cover by 2 inches.
2.Bring to a boil, lower hear to a slow simmer. Cook 1 hour per pound.
3.Serve immediately.

Note: If using vegetables (cabbage, carrots, potatoes, etc.), add 30 minutes before completion.


I served my corned beef, sliced and placed on top of a dijon horseradish gravy with broccoli and steamed rice. I saved about 1/4 of the corned beef for hash in the morning (bonus!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home