Thursday, June 26, 2008

San Francisco : On the Bridge

On the Bridge, was a place Pan and I would go eat at on a weekly basis when we lived in San Francisco. Now, we try to stop by whenever we visit.


What I love about this place is that it is more or less, a mom and pop shop, serving simple dishes, catering to the young japanese demographic. Simple japanese (with French influences) pastas and bookshelves full of comic books. On this trip we meet up with our friend Ana there.


After a long travel day, gotta start off with a beer. Nothing like a cold Asahi to help ease the painful experience of Homeland Security and United Airlines.


I ordered the Hambagu topped with grated diakon. This is served on a hot cast iron plate with mixed vegetables still sizzling when served.


Pan ordered the Seafood Pasta in béchamel cream sauce. Both dishes were as good as I remembered. I wish I had room for more. I sometimes crave their Beef Dry Curry or Mentaiko Pasta. The Bridge serves good food at affordable prices.


And of course, Pan had to get her crepe fix. Right down the mall, by the bookstore is Sophie's Crepes.


Strawberries and Cream. Look at the size of that thing. And no, she didn't share [tear].

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home