Monday, March 06, 2006

Trip : Los Angeles 03-05-06


We decided to make a day trip to Los Angeles this Sunday. We figured that it would be our last opportunity to get outta town before the baby is born.

We loading the car, got some breakfast and hit the road early. Traffic was light. To state the obvious, Los Angeles doesn't seem so bad when there is no traffic and congestion.

We meet Winnie Agoo, Chunky Rice, Gzus & Crystal, and Anna & Nugget at NBC restaurant for dim sum in Monterey Park. The food was pretty tastey. I have now had dim sum at ABC, CBS and now NBC...can wait to try FOX and UPS...what were they thinking with the names?

It occurred to me that we are close to Alahambra. After a phone call for directions, we headed to a place I have been longing to visit since my last trip to Los Angeles...


(Can you guess based on the sign?)


I was like a kid in a candy store. Vinyls, graphic novels, limited run t-shirts and more. I was a little dissapointed that the gallery area was closed, but to my surprise, one of my favorite on-line comic artist, Kazu of boltcity.com, was teaching a Graphic Narrative Workshop.


Here are the two goodies I picked up. Drinky Crow vinyl and Flight Volumne 1. I have been wanting both items for a while and was not disappointed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home