Sunday, January 15, 2006

Waimea Brewing Co : Luau Lager

On my weekly trip to Trader Joe's, I was attacted to the labels of the Waimea Brewing Company's beers. I had no expectations. What are flavor characterics of Hawii? Pineapple and SPAM?


The Luau Lager (5.3% alc) had a mild hoppy nose, light crisp and sweet start that turned into a mildly bitter finish that disappears. This was a very drinkable yet did not have much personality. Has more depth than the big three domestic, but nothing outstanding.

Maybe if I was sampling this on the beaches of Kauai...but then...I could be drinking Pasbts on the beaches of Kauai and I would give it a good review.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kelvin said...

Kia Ora (hello) from a blogger down under in New Zealand. Does the hula girl come with the beer ???

10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home