Sunday, November 13, 2005

Waaah Hooooo for Wahoo's


Today was a perfect Southern California day. The sun was out and there was not a cloud in the sky. Pan and I planned to walk by the beach in PB, so on our way we decided to stop in at Wahoo's in Point Loma for lunch. Wahoo's has an Mexican, Brazilian & Asian influenced menu. The prices are very reasonable for what you get.


Pan ordered her favorite item "not" on the menu. The California Burrito ($6.50). What makes a California Burrito different is that instead of beans and/or rice as the base, French Fries are used...mmmm...deep fried potatoes. Pan also ordered the burrito with Carnitas, braised and shredded lean pork. I must admit, this was a pretty tasty burrito. Along with the Carnitas (which was juicey) and French Fries, there was sour cream, guacamole, mild fresh salsa, cilantro and cheese. Pan also got a side of Wahoo's wonderful Green Sauce (fat-free roasted pepper cilantro sauce) to dip her buritto in. I thought that it was a bit heavy on the sour cream, but then Pan likes sour cream.


I was wanting something a little on the lighter side. I ordered the Combinaton Platter #1, Enchilada with Polynesian Style Shrimp and Green Sauce. I also got the choice of Black Beans or Cajun White Beans and Wahoo's Ahi rice. I squeezed a lime wedge over the Enchilada, a dash of soy sauce over the Ahi rice and I was set. The combination of the flavors of the Green Sauce and Polynesian Style Shrimp were amazing. Overall I found the dish to be simple and light, yet tasty and filling.

Wahoo's in Point Loma, is definitely one of my favorite affordable eateries. They have $1.50 bottled beer of the month, Thursdays they have Pints for $3.50, you keep the glass, and the service is always friendly. The food is delivered with a smile, and even though Wahoo's is not a full service restaurant, someone always stops by to check on you.

Wahoo's Point Loma

3944 West Point Loma Blvd
San Diego, CA 92110
(619)222-0020
Pan Says: "Burrrp"...mmm SO GOOD. Half-way through the burrito, I was thinking to order another.
Baby Says: Green Sauce...GOOD!

2 Comments:

Blogger KirkK said...

Hey Rob - You sure it was $6.25 for a California Burrito? The "Cali" at Roberto's is $3.75, and Santana's is $4.25. Must be a really good one if it's priced that high!

11:07 PM  
Blogger robwonton said...

Actually, I think the burrito is $5.95. Still compared to the ones you lists, more in terms of cost. I think the flavors of Wahoo's are different than the typical taco shop.

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home