Saturday, November 19, 2005

Blue Water Seafood Market & Grill


Tonight for dinner we wanted seafood. Something simple and light. We had not been getting enough fish in our diet the past two weeks. Blue Water Seafood Market & Grill has been recommended to me by a co-worker for months. You walk in and order from the counter. They take your name, then hand you your drinks and at that point you have to find a table.

The girl taking our order was overkill with the "up-selling", it reminded me of shopping at the GAP. No explaination for the upgrade to the higher priced items. I wanted to try the fish, she tried to "upgrade" me to Spiny Lobster ($22.95). I found it Comical. All in all, the people there seemed genuinely friendly and the restaurant had a laid back vibe.


Pan started off with the homemade cup of Clam Chowder ($2.95). At first site, the chowder looked a bit off. I think it was the color that caught my attention. Was this a roux based chowder? There was a good amount of clams and potatoes. The flavor was...ok...a little on the starchy side.


Pan decided on the Wild King Salmon Plate ($16.95). This fresh wild caught salmon was brushed with lemon butter and grilled. Served on top of buttered cilantro streamed rice and salad. The salmon was a bit over charred, but otherwise cooked perfectly in terms of doneness. The Wild King Salmon was very flavorful as expected. Pan and I both agreed that the portion for the price was really disappointing.


I got the Seared Ahi Tuna Sandwich ($6.95). The Ahi was lightly grilled to a rare temp, sliced and served on a sandwich roll, with a bottom layer of mayo and diced raw red onion and topped with lettuce, slice tomato and anthor layer of mayo. I really enjoyed this "sammich". I thought that the diced red onions really match well with the cool flavor of the Seared Ahi.

Blue Water Seafood Market & Grill
3667 India Street
San Diego, CA 92103
(619) 497-0914

Pan Says: Thats It!? Fresh and good but not enough to remember what it taste like. Hmmm...next time I get sammich too.
Baby Says: Hey Momma san, you are feeding two, was that it?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Rob - Lot's of people I know have been talking this place up - so for you this was pretty much a +/-, huh? This location used to be the kiss of death for several other businesses in the area; but looks like this one might make it.

2:12 PM  
Blogger robwonton said...

The place was full when we got there. The table rotation went quick so not much of a wait. I am a hardcore sushi fan, usually it is hard for me to eat grilled fish. Always seems over cooked, like a well done steak. I would stick with the sandwiches or salads, the plates are over priced. I think I will try their Fish Tacos and Cioppino next time.They get a lot of neighborhood business which is a good sign.

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home