Thursday, March 30, 2006

After Birth

After the birth, I headed home to take care of the dogs, shower and pickup some food for Pan (she had not eaten since the night before). When I arrived with the food and drinks, I found mother and daughter resting peacefully together. The hospital believes in "skin to skin" contact as soon as possible. We were shortly moved upstairs to the New Mothers ward were both mother and daughter would be monitered and taken care of.


Day 2: I arrived the next morning with a box of fresh donuts for the nurses and a french cueter for Pan. Little Pan was amazingly mellow through the night and into the early morning. Crying was to a minimum. Very unexpected. Even all the nurses commented on how mellow she was.


That however, changed by late afternoon. Little Pan became very fussy. She would want to feed, then cry, then sleep. Everything I learned in baby class went out the window. The burrito wrap, the shooshing, the rocking...nothing seemed to help. I ended up calling the nurses every hour. Fortunately, the nurses were able to answer all my questions and show me different wraping techniques. By early evening, Little Pan was back to her mellow self (Thanks to JoeyS & Jessica for visiting and the flowers & Thanks to the Development Team for the gift basket).


Day 3: Again, I arrived with a box of fresh hot Krispy Cremes for the nurses and a french cueter for Pan. I got to change my first diaper and worked on my burrito wrap. Little Pan was a sweetheart. We were told by the doctors that since both mother and daughter were doing so well, they would be going home this evening.


Thank you to the great Doctors and staff at the UCSD hospital. Special Thanks to the wonderful nurses (Cinyene, Zinll, Lizzy & Lea) for all their patience and help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home