Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Good Food in San Diego

My wife and I are constantly in search of good food. I would like to think that we are open minded about food. There is not much that we do not eat or will not try. I dont consider myself to be a food snob. From fast-food to high end, as long as the food and experience is good.

We have been in the Gaslamp area since we moved here to San Diego. Everything is the same. Italian restaurants that serve the same things, Prime steak houses (same but different), etc. Dont get me wrong, food at some of these places are wonderful. The filet at Flemings, the cold seafood appetizer at Lou and Mickey's, the sushi/sashimi at Taka...but who wants to spend $75-$100 for dinner every night. I have all but given up on the Gaslamp in terms of finding a good affordable meal.

Also open to suggestions for a friendly place to get good beer and play some darts (steel-tip). I have not been able to find anything in the Gaslamp. I have been to the Princess Pub in Little Italy a few times; no players there consistantly or am I going at the wrong time?

Please email/post your recommendations, I would love to hear from other locals and what they suggest.

2 Comments:

Blogger KirkK said...

Hi Rob - A good place to find out info on eating in San Diego is Chowhound.com - check them out. I've personally set-up two dinners for the 'Hounds, and have been to several - there are several very knowledgable "posters".

9:44 AM  
Blogger robwonton said...

Thanks for the advise. I have been on Chowhound a few times. I find it hard to navigate sometimes, but will give it another try.

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home